Monday, April 18, 2011

working on positive thinking.....

I have begun reading a book by Joel Osteen entiteled, "Its Your Time".  I have to admit that I started reading it about 3 weeks ago, but have only gotten to the 4th chapter. Sad, but true. Anyway, it has started to impact my life in great ways, so I thought I would share a little with you.

  The main idea of the 1st chapter is that we need to be a "prisoner of hope".  This is a hard thing for us all sometimes.  Especially someone like me who likes to plan out her life, down to the minute. Which never works......I know, I know. :-)  I began thinking about my life plans, my dreams for my family, and for the dreams Lola will have. I thought, "What if? What if, along with prayer, I gave every path my life might take a bright shiny light that could help me see it through to the end without being bored or losing faith in what i do?" The book says that God plans for great things in our lives to happen if we believe in them.
Well, to be completely honest, it works......
  
 I have been applying the "prisoner of hope" idea to even the smallest aspects of my life.  Its no secret that I hate mondays.  I have to take Lola to daycare, and I dont get off of work until late that night. It kills me EVERY MONDDAY.  But i have learned that if I treat Monday as a day to do something for myself, and as a day to get my work done, it actually has become an enjoyable day. 

I have hope that me and Cody will treat each other with kindness and respect everyday. (Those of you who are married know that is a hard task sometimes.) I have hope that Lola Kate will get all of the tools she needs to be a valued member of her community. I have hope that I can fulfill all the tasks and plans that God has for me.

I have definately not perfected this yet, but I am giving it my best shot. :-)
Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment